As one of the cocktails from New Amsterdam Gin paying homage to modern New York City landmarks, the Soho is very unique and great for anyone who loves drinks with fresh herbs. In this one you will find mint, lemongrass and ginger paired with the botanicals of the gin. Back that up with agave nectar (which I recommend over the optional simple syrup here), lime and ginger ale and you have a fascinating highball that is perfect for spring and summer sipping.
- 2 oz New Amsterdam Gin
- sprig of mint
- stem of lemongrass
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 oz agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz Ginger ale
- lime wheel and lemongrass for garnish
- Cut lemongrass into small pieces and combine a small palm full into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with mint, muddling until flavor is released.
- Add ginger, nectar, gin and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass until 3/4 full.
- Top off with ginger ale.
- Garnish with a lime wheel that has been spiked with a lemongrass straw.