The Soho is part of a collection of New York City inspired cocktails created for New Amsterdam in 2009 and it is a delightful drink, particularly for those who love to use herbs.
In this drink you will find mint, lemongrass, and ginger paired with the botanicals of the gin. Back that up with agave nectar (which I recommend over the optional simple syrup here), lime, and ginger ale and you have a fascinating highball that is perfect for spring and summer sipping.
Find more cocktails from this series in the links below the recipe.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces New Amsterdam Gin
- Sprig of mint
- Stem of lemongrass
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ounce agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces Ginger ale
- Lime wheel and lemongrass for garnish
- Cut lemongrass into small pieces and combine a small palm full into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with mint, muddling until the flavor is released.
- Add ginger, nectar, gin and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass until 3/4 full.
- Top off with ginger ale.
- Garnish with a lime wheel that has been spiked with a lemongrass straw.
Recipe Courtesy: New Amsterdam Gin
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.