- 2 oz New Amsterdam Gin
- sprig of mint
- stem of lemongrass
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 oz agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz Ginger ale
- lime wheel and lemongrass for garnish
- Cut lemongrass into small pieces and combine a small palm full into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with mint, muddling until flavor is released.
- Add ginger, nectar, gin and lime juice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass until 3/4 full.
- Top off with ginger ale.
- Garnish with a lime wheel that has been spiked with a lemongrass straw.
Recipe Courtesy: New Amsterdam Gin
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.