You can use anisette or absinthe for the anise liqueur as well, though you will find that some anise-flavored liqueurs work better than others and much of that will depend on the gin that you choose.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon maraschino liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon anise liqueur
- 2 dashes bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour all ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.