The Bottom Line
- Flavorful gin with a natural tasting botanical profile.
- Clean and smooth taste with an eco-friendly ideal.
- Makes one very fine Martini.
- 100% certified organic spirit.
- Great price for a great gin.
- Small batch gin distilled from organic wheat and flavored with 14 whole, macerated botanicals.
- Recycled and recyclable packing material, a tree is planted for every bottle sold.
- Produced by Modern Spirits, LLC of Monrovia, California
- 42% alc/volume (84 proof)
- Retails for around $35/750ml bottle
- Released in October, 2008
Guide Review - Tru2 Organic Gin
Where Tru2 really shines is in cocktails. This gin is meant, and deserves to be mixed into some of those famous gin cocktails that allow it to be tasted with its blooming aura. Of course, the Martini (2:1 with Angostura bitters and 3 olives) is simply astounding and the best I've had in ages. Other classic cocktails like the Clover Club, Negroni and New Orleans Fizz deserve to be explored with Tru2.
Opens with a sunny aroma of sweet lavender and hay against a background of delicious juniper. The entry is a warm and silky herbalness that leads to a natural juniper palate with citrus and each of the botanicals making an appearance. The unique waves of flavors finish in a long, smooth and dry way that leaves you feeling enriched.