The subtle flavors of cinnamon can be added to a number of cocktails to enhance and compliment other flavors in the drink. While some cocktails, such as the UK Sour and Poinsettia Punch specifically call for this syrup, it can also be used in other drinks to bring a light warmth to a drink. Think of using this syrup in place of plain simple syrup in cocktails with flavors that compliment cinnamon. Some examples include modern drinks like Dusk in Eden and the Designated Appletini, or to reinvigorate classics such as Fish House Punch and a Fancy Whiskey.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup demarara sugar
- 1 cup water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir constantly until completely dissolved.
- Add the cinnamon stick and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain into a bottle and refrigerate. Use for up to 2 weeks.