I use this syrup as the feature for my Rose Martini. In Preggatinis Natalie Bovis has a mocktail called the Garden Rose, which pairs this syrup with cucumber, non-alcoholic Chardonnay, and club soda, and is fantastically refreshing. The uses of this syrup are essentially endless.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 2 cups demerara sugar (alternatively, raw or white sugar)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup rose water (make sure it is okay for consumption, some are not)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat. (Note: Do not allow the syrup to boil for too long or the syrup will be too thick.)
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then bottle.