What is Frangelico:
Frangelico is a pale gold colored liqueur made of Tonda Gentile hazelnuts. It is distilled in the Piedmont region of northern Italy from an alcohol and water infusion of the nuts. Natural flavoring extracts such as cocoa and vanilla are added before blending with alcohol, sugar and water to meet the bottle strength.
It remains the premier hazelnut liqueur and its origins go back over 300 years to the Christian monks who inhabited that area of Italy. The name Frangelico is derived from one of those monks, Fra. Angelico, and the bottle reflects this heritage, which looks like a glass monk, complete with a rope belt.
- Hazelnut flavored liqueur with natural flavorings (chocolate and vanilla among others).
- 24% alc/volume (48 proof)
- Frangelico website
Other Hazelnut Liqueurs:
- Bartenura Hazelnut Liqueur
- DeKuyper Hazelnut Liqueur
- Fransesca Hazelnut Liqueur
- Hiram Walker Hazelnut Liqueur
- Kahlua Hazelnut Liqueur
- Silver Cloud Hazelnut Liqueur