Amaretto is one of those liqueurs that are essential in the bar and there are a lot of great commercial brands available, but it's also very easy to make your own. Homemade amaretto liqueur is made using four common kitchen ingredients, a little water and a vodka base and within an hour you can have your very own bottle of amaretto.
This is a great gift idea also, put it in a gift basket along with a few extras to create a few cocktails, and don't forget some almonds to munch on.
Makes 750 ml
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups vodka
- 1/4 cup almond extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Bring the sugars and water to a boil in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow the mix to cool.
- Add the vodka and extracts, stirring until well mixed.
- Pour through a funnel into a bottle and seal.