Hot Buttered Rum is a favorite winter drink
because it is both sweet and warm, which is just the kind of comfort we gravitate toward on the coldest days of the year. It is an easy drink to make (main recipe here
), though does take a little bit of time. This is where this Hot Buttered Rum Mix comes in handy. If you find yourself making the hot cocktail
often - whether for yourself or at your bar - you may want to keep this mix in the refrigerator, then when you're ready for the drink, just add rum and hot water. It's that simple.
Makes 25 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rum extract
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
To Make Hot Buttered Rum Mix:
- Mix the ingredients using a beater until everything is blended together.
- Store in a well sealed jar in the refrigerator until needed.
To Make a Hot Buttered Rum drink:
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of light or dark rum into an Irish coffee glass or mug.
- Add a heaping spoonful of the hot buttered rum mix.
- Fill with hot water (not boiling).
- Stir well.