Makes about 3 cups. Keep refrigerated.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp citric acid
- 1/2 tsp tartaric acid
- Juice of 5 limes
- Rind of 3 limes cut into pieces
- Stir acids and sugar together.
- Separately, bring water to a boil then add the sugar mixture.
- Stir constantly until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add lime juice and rind and stir mixture well.
- Turn the heat back on and allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool.
- Place the mix into a well-sealed container and refrigerate over night.
- Strain the lime rinds and pour into an empty, clean bottle with tight-fitting lid.
- Place back in the refrigerator and allow to sit for another day before using.