While I designed this drink to be non-alcoholic, there is no reason you cannot spike it as you see fit. Good options would include vodka (maybe flavors like citrus or strawberry) and almost any rum (though I would avoid spiced rums in order to retain the smoothness).
Since publishing this recipe I have created a few variations including adapting it into a party punch. Read more about these in Spring Fling: Green Lemonade.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Drink
- 4 ounce lemonade
- 2 ounce limeade or lime cordial
- 4 kiwi slices, peeled
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- Kiwi or lime slice for garnish
- Muddle the kiwi and simple syrup in a mixing glass.
- Add ice, lemonade and limeade.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a kiwi or lime wedge. Optionally, rim the glass with green sugar or salt prior to adding ice and strained mix.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.