When I first read through Natalie Bovis-Nelsen's book, Preggatinis™
(published by The Globe Pequot Press) the Apricot Gingerini stood out as an amazingly flavored drink - one I'd like to add a little gin to - and then I read the reason behind the combination and I see why she added this mocktail
to the first trimester section of the book. White grape juice is recommended for the early stage of pregnancy, cloves and ginger are an old-fashioned cure for nausea, and they just happen to mix perfectly with apricot.
See Natalie's video about this drink on Inspired Sips.
- 2 1/2 oz white grape juice
- 3 oz apricot nectar
- 1 oz ginger-infused simple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- Pour grape juice, apricot nectar, ginger-infused simple syrup [find a recipe for vanilla-ginger simple syrup here and skip the vanilla], and most of the ground clove into a mixing glass fill with ice.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with the remaining ground clove atop the drink.