This salsa recipe from Tequila Herradura is quick and easy and is perfect for Super Bowl parties. It includes just enough tequila for extra flavor, but not too much to where you'll be drunk by the time the bowl's gone. I would suggest using blanco tequila, but I also tried it with a reposado, which added a rich agave flavor to the mix.
Anyone can make this salsa, even if you have minimal experience in the kitchen; just chop and mix. If there are children around, make a non-alcoholic version by foregoing the tequila and be sure to clearly mark each salsa so there's no confusion.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 Serrano chilies, chopped- stems and seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Tequila Herradura
- Mix tomatoes, onions, chilies, garlic, cilantro and oil until all items are coated in the oil.
- Mix in lime, water and tequila.
- Leave as is for chunky style or puree for smooth, paste style.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.