To make the banana syrup, I've found it easiest to puree a banana and add it in equal amounts to the simple syrup while boiling. Strain out any banana chunks when the syrup is cool and you are ready to go.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 3/4 oz homemade banana syrup (1:1:1 ratio)
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- dash of Angostura bitters
- Caramelized banana dust for rim
- Rim a coupe glass with spiced banana dust (sugar caramelized with homemade banana syrup and Sailor Jerry Rum).
- Pour the rum, syrup, lime, and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared coupe glass.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.