This is a fun punch recipe that comes to us via Cruzan Rum Mixologist, Jesse Card. It features the strawberry rum, one of the brands best flavors, and I have to say that this is one of the best recipes I've had for that rather uncommon ingredient.
To create this recipe, you will first infuse the rum with rosemary, so be sure to give yourself about an hour or so to do that. The result is really interesting and the infusion can also find a place in other rum cocktails.
The other aspect of this recipe that you need to prepare for is the rosemary ice. This is not the first recipe to focus on this ingredient (see Camarena Rosemary Lemonade) and personally I like to keep some rosemary ice in the freezer most of the time. In this instance, however, choose a large container for a mold that will allow you to fit a block or two into your punch bowl. Almost any container will work, with plastic making it easiest to pop the ice out when it is frozen. Remember that larger blocks take longer to freeze thoroughly, so do this a couple of days before the party.
Prep Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 1 Punchbowl
- 1-750ml bottle Cruzan® Strawberry Rum
- 6 parts fresh lime juice
- 24 parts ginger ale
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- Rosemary ice blocks (*see additional recipe below)
- Pour rum into a punchbowl and add 4 sprigs of rosemary.
- Give it a quick stir, making sure to fully immerse the rosemary.
- Let the mixture sit for one hour at room temperature.
- After one hour, remove the sprigs of rosemary from the bowl and discard them.
- Next, add the lime juice to the rosemary-infused rum and chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add rosemary ice block and ginger ale to your rum punch mixture.
- Serve over ice in a punch glass.
- Garnish with a small piece of rosemary sprig.
*Rosemary Ice Block Recipe:
- Fill a couple of round plastic containers with water and submerge a couple rosemary sprigs in each.
- Put it in the freezer.
- When serving your punch, float the ice blocks in the punch bowl for an added effect.