The Bloody Rum Punch is a take on the traditional Sangria, and its dark red color gives it a bloody feel that is perfect for scaring up an eerie punch for your Halloween party. As some reviewers have suggested (quite hilariously, I must say), this is a very strong punch. Consider yourself warned.
Despite the long list of ingredients, this is actually a very simple punch to construct. The key, however, is to make it ahead of time and allow all of the ingredients to meld together before serving.
Have fun decorating your punch bowl with fake spiders, cob webs (on the outside of the bowl), and you can even add creepy, edible garnishes by floating the likes of this lychee eyeball in the drink.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Punch Bowl
- 1-750ml bottle of DonQ Cristal rum
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 6 ounces fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces triple sec liqueur
- 6 ounces simple syrup
- 2 limes sliced in thin wheels
- 2 red oranges sliced in thin wheels
- Add all ingredients into a large punch bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve over ice in a punch glass.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.