Choose a dark rum with great character that will show off the liqueur's orange and cherry flavors. Some suggestions include Pusser's British Navy Dark, Mount Gay Extra Old, and Angostura 5 Year Old Dark.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier Cherry liqueur
- 3/4 ounce dark aged rum
- 1 ounce milk
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- Dark chocolate shavings for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with dark chocolate shavings.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.