The recipe below makes a small batch of punch, just enough to make about three 3-ounce servings so you will need to adjust the proportions according to the number of servings you need. Also, this is intended to be served cold after a day of steeping everything together. However, I like the option of serving it warm and to do so I would store the prepared punch in a large pot overnight and warm it up gently just prior to serving. Do not let the punch or the tea come to a full boil as this can add an unwanted bitterness.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Punch Bowl
- 2 oz. Flor de Caña 4-year old rum
- 1oz. Flor de Caña 18-year old rum
- 0.75 oz. rich demerara simple syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 6 oz. hot, strong green tea
- 1 mint sprig
- All of the ingredients should be combined and left in a container over night.
- Strain the next day.
- Refrigerate and drink at leisure.
- For party punch service: Pour the punch into a glass and garnish with a lime wheel and mint sprig.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.