A touch of cinnamon sugar on the rim makes this sparkling wine cocktail ideal for elegant winter celebrations. It is a very simple drink that comes out as more complex than it is due mostly to Martini & Rossi's Moscato d'Asti, a very nice alternative to Champagne. Also, if you are interested, here is a recipe for the traditional Italian zeppole cookies.
The cinnamon sugar for the rim is quite easy to make. Simply mix ground cinnamon with sugar in a tray or flat dish and roll the rim of the glass around for an even coat. I typically like to use 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts sugar.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 4 ounces of Martini® Moscato d’Asti sparkling wine
- 1/2 ounce of Bacardi® Gold Rum
- Dash of lemon juice
- Cinnamon sugar for rimming
- Rim the a chilled champagne glass with cinnamon sugar.
- In the prepared glass, place all ingredients.
- Stir once, garnish and serve.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.