The kaffir lime leaves may be a challenge to find, but you can find them online or at your local Asian food market. These, along with the lemongrass are the essential ingredient to this impressive, winning cocktail.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 1 Drink
- 1 1/4 oz light rum
- 1 large bud of Lemon grass, sliced thinly
- about a thumb sized piece of ginger
- 3-4 pcs kaffir lime leaves, plus on extra for garnish
- peel of 1/2 U.S. lemon, then its juice
- 1/4 oz syrup
- white sugar
- Chop the ginger and drop it into a mixing glass.
- Add sliced lemon grass and lemon peel.
- Tear up kaffir leaves and drop into the glass.
- Add a sprinkle barspoon of sugar.
- Muddle all ingredients well, extracting as much juice as you can.
- Add the syrup, lemon juice and light rum.
- Shake vigorously.
- Double strain into a pre-chilled martini glass.
- Slide a kaffir leaf into the sides. Serve at once.