When blending this or any frozen cocktail begin at a low speed for a few seconds to chop the ice and fruit, then step it up to high speed until the mix is firm.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1 Tbsp triple sec
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on low speed for a few seconds, then at high speed until smooth.
- Pour contents into a chilled hurricane glass or Champagne flute.
- Garnish with the maraschino cherry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.