The Far East Caipirinha was created in 2009 by Leblon Cachaca as a "consolation" drink inspired by Tokyo, one of the runner up cities for hosting the 2016 Olympics.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Leblon Cachaca
- 1 ounce sake
- 2 ounces lychee puree
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce vanilla & lemongrass & chili
- Small pieces of lemongrass & chili
- Champagne - to top
- Muddle chili and lemongrass in a shaker.
- Shake with remaining ingredients except Champagne.
- Strain over ice into a highball glass.
- Top with Champagne and stir well.
- Garnish with lemongrass straws.
Recipe Courtesy: Leblon Cachaca
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.