This mix is supposed to taste like Dr. Pepper and can be made a couple of different ways. It's common that the shot of liquor is lit aflame then dropped into a half glass of beer, but some will also make it by placing the shot glass filled with liquor into the larger glass, after which the beer is poured around the edges, just to the rim and the liquor is lit. Whichever way you choose to pour your Flaming Dr. Pepper, remember to blow out the flame prior to consumption and, as with any flaming drink, be careful.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Shooter
- Fill a shot glass 3/4 full with amaretto.
- Slowly float the overproof rum to fill the glass.
- Fill a pint glass with beer.
- Ignite the contents of the shot glass.
- Blow out the flame, drop the shot glass into the beer and drink in one gulp.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.