The King Carlos Caipirinha was created in 2009 by Leblon Cachaca as a "consolation" drink inspired by Madrid, one of the cities that was a runner up to Brazil for hosting the 2016 Olympics.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces Leblon Cachaça
- 1/2 ounce Lime juice
- Dash of Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped Watermelon
- 1 stem of Cilantro
- 1/2 small Chili
- Muddle the chili, cilantro, watermelon and simple syrup.
- Add Leblon Cachaca, lime juice, ice and shake sharply.
- Strain over ice into a highball glass.
- Garnish with a stem of cilantro and two watermelon balls.
Recipe Courtesy: Leblon Cachaca
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.