This really is A Nice Warm Drink filled with favorite warming spices and flavors that will serve a small party. It is a perfectly warming drink to mix up on cold winter nights, at the cabin, or for holiday gatherings.
It is a simple rum punch that uses orange spiced tea and apple cider for the base and the butter and sugar makes it reminiscent of the classic Hot Buttered Rum.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 Punchbowl (16-4 oz servings)
- 1 quart water
- 3 orange spice tea bags
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups Pyrat XO Rum
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Cinnamon stick and orange slice for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot or kettle.
- Heat to a simmer on the stove, stirring well at first.
- Cover and continue simmering for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve by ladling into heated Irish coffee glasses or mugs.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange.
Recipe Courtesy: Pyrat Rum