This really is A Nice Warm Drink filled with favorite warming spices and flavors that will serve a small party. It is a perfectly warming drink to mix up on cold winter nights, at the cabin, or for holiday gatherings.
It is a simple rum punch that uses orange spiced tea and apple cider for the base and the butter and sugar makes it reminiscent of the classic Hot Buttered Rum.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 Punchbowl (16-4 oz servings)
- 1 quart water
- 3 orange spice tea bags
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups Pyrat XO Rum
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Cinnamon stick and orange slice for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot or kettle.
- Heat to a simmer on the stove, stirring well at first.
- Cover and continue simmering for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve by ladling into heated Irish coffee glasses or mugs.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange.
Recipe Courtesy: Pyrat Rum
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.