Sean Kenyon of Steuben’s in Denver, Colorado put together this delightful autumn cocktail that features a great cachaca, Boca Loca. The Rhyme & Reason is mostly made up of ingredients that we would think of as more tropical, but it is the cinnamon-infused simple syrup that gives it the cool weather taste.
Making the syrup is very easy and there is a link to instructions in the recipe below. Once you have a batch made up you can use it as a substitute for plain syrup to add that autumn spin on almost any of your other favorite cocktails.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Boca Loca Cachaça
- 1/2 ounce Aperol orange liqueur
- 3/4 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Shake all of the ingredients together with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain over fresh ice in a collins glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Recipe courtesy: Sean Kenyon for Boca Loca Cachaca
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.