In response to one reviewer's question: If you do not like the thought of drinking raw eggs you can use on of the artificial egg substitutes. They're not quite the same but do the trick. More about eggs here...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 egg
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup or 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce Cognac or brandy
- Hot milk or hot water
- Grated nutmeg for garnish
- Separate the egg white from the egg yolk and beat them separately.
- Fold the beaten eggs together and place into an Irish coffee glass.
- Add the sugar or simple syrup, dark rum, and brandy.
- Fill with hot milk or hot water.
- Stir well.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.