If you are planning a big party and are looking for a punch recipe
that stands apart from the rest, then you will want to try out this concoction. Xalapa Punch is an intriguing rum, brandy, and red wine punch that is highlighted with black tea and heated orange rinds.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: About 40 servings
- In a sauce pan over low heat, combine the hot black tea and rind of two oranges (grate with carrot peeler or cheese grater).
- Heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add the honey or sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a punch bowl with ice.
- Add the amber rum, apple brandy, and dry red wine.
- Garnish with diced oranges and lemons.