The Bottom Line
- Easy to make Mojito - just add ice.
- Relatively impressive for a ready to drink cocktail.
- Light on the mint compared to a freshly prepared Mojito.
- Takes the fun out of muddling the drink.
- Mint flavor is slightly tart.
- Bacardi rum, lime juice, mint and sugar; pre-mixed and bottled.
- Produced by Bacardi & Co. Ltd
- Released in 2008
- 15% alc/volume (30 proof)
- Retails for around $20/1.75 liter bottle (750ml "coming soon")
Guide Review - Bacardi Mojito - Ready to Drink
The Bacardi Mojito is very sugary and almost like a lime concentrate with a little mint. The mint and the lime are almost artificial and I wish there was more mint and that it had a fresher taste to it. On the bright side it's better than some of the Mojito mixes that don't include the rum, those tend to be overly sweet. At least with this one you can taste the mint. One thing I noticed is that the "instructions" don't call for soda but I recommend you ignore that and top it off with at least a splash of club soda.
Overall, Bacardi Mojito is pleasant and convenient. I found myself adding more rum (Bacardi just to keep it "pure") to quench the sugar but it's a good effort and possibly the best that can be done in a bottle for this touchy drink. It's not repulsive like many pre-mixed drinks, so that's a positive note.