The Cable Car is an excellent rum drink which was created by Tony Abou-Ganim, the "Modern Mixologist." It involves Captain Morgan spiced rum and orange curacao, of which the original recipe calls for Marie Bizard.
Also, in Abou-Ganim's recipe is a fresh lemon sour which is made by mixing 1 part simple syrup with 2 parts fresh lemon juice. A prepared sour mix will work, but his suggestion is strongly preferred.
The name Cable Car was inspired by the tracks near the Starlight Room in San Fransisco where he first created with cocktail.
View the Video: How to Make a Cable Car Cocktail
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Captain Morgan Spice Rum
- 3/4 ounce orange curacao
- 1 1/2 ounces sour mix
- Orange peel spiral for garnish
- Super-fine sugar for rimming
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with sugar.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel spiral.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.