Lemongrass and ginger are an excellent flavor addition to the earthy flavors of tequila. This infusion is a great way to obtain a Tequini with a twist, but it is slightly limited because tequila is often mixed with fruit flavors. I did find that it made an interesting Paloma if you skip the lime juice and an intriguing Peach Margarita when substituting the overly sweet peach schnapps with fresh peach puree. The lemongrass-ginger infusion takes a little longer than other infusions because the flavors are so mild, but it's worth the wait.
- 750ml bottle of premium blanco tequila
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 large piece of fresh ginger
- infusion jar with tight sealing lid
- Peel the outer leaves from the lemongrass stalks, cut off the ends and chop the remaining grass into thin rounds.
- Place the lemongrass and whole ginger in the bottom of a clean mason jar or similar jar with a tight sealing lid.
- Pour the tequila over the herbs and shake a few times.
- Seal the lid tight and store the jar in a cool, dark place for about 2 weeks.
- Test the flavor of the infusion everyday, beginning on the fifth day.
- Once the flavor is to taste, strain the lemongrass and ginger from the tequila.
- Wash the jar and return the flavored tequila to it.
- Store as you do other tequila.