The Bottom Line
Call Martin Miller's quest for a uniquely extravagant, modern London dry gin
a success. The author of Miller's Antique Price Guide
could not find a gin on the market to satisfy his discerning tastes, so like any endeavoring connoisseur, he set out to create his own. For Miller, finding the perfect gin became a fixation, "born of love, obsession and some degree of madness," one that led to one of the newer, luxurious premium spirits tagged with the Englishman's name, Martin Miller's London Dry Gin.
- Silky, sweet, floral gin with botanicals distilled to perfection.
- One of the best Martinis ever.
- Mixes well in almost any gin cocktail.
- Sophisticated spirit at a decent price.
- 80 proof (40% alc/vol)
- Retails for around $28 per 750mL bottle.
- 94 points and Gold Medal status from the Beverage Testing Institute of Chicago.
- Awarded Double Gold at 2006 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.
- Available in the UK and premiere places in NYC (as of March 2007).
- Produced by Martin Miller's Gin in England's Black Country
- Imported by SKYY Spirits, LLC
Guide Review - Martin Miller's London Dry Gin
If your goal is to create a benchmark in the competitive distilled spirits market, every step of the process needs to be carefully planned and executed. Martin Miller's Gin is crafted in small, single batches inside the pristine walls of a copper pot still designed by John Dore & Company in 1903, which is adoringly named "Grandma." Cassia bark, Florentine Iris and coriander are among the select botanicals gently married with juniper during distillation for a result as noble and genteel as the simply modern bottle. At this point the distillate travels 3,000 miles across the sea to Iceland for a finishing touch in which it is blended with the purest water on Earth that has been naturally filtered through the island's lava. It is here that the finished gin is poured into bottles reflecting the nautical journey and simple refinement any Englishman would be proud of.
Martin Miller's London Dry Gin holds the taste of botanical perfection in harmony with a distinctly modern feel. The nose of the spirit is a wondrous bouquet of blossoming jade, jasmine, juniper and the slightest touch of citrus zest. As the silky liquid caresses the tongue the true flavors of the botanicals come to light with the most subtle juniper, cardamom and peppercorn leading the way. Juniper takes the spotlight in a short, warm finish in an explosive manner that contradicts all the previous subtleties.