The Bottom Line
- Refreshing sake drinks in a bottle with low alcohol content - equal to about 1 light beer.
- Four interesting flavors - Yuzu Citrus is the best.
- Surprisingly readily available.
- Boutique upgrade from those syrupy malt beverages.
- Perfect for drinking anywhere, anytime.
- Sparkling, premium Japanese sake drink that is a blend of junmai sake and natural flavors.
- Flavors: Ginger-Mango, Yuzu Citrus, Asian Pear, Green Tea
- Sake imported from Japan - Infused, Sparkled, Bottled in the US
- 4-pack of 6-ounce bottles retails for around $15
- 7% alc/volume (14 proof)
Guide Review - Saké2Me
The sake used is a "pure rice" (translation of junmai) sake imported from Japan from a brewer who has perfected their techniques over the last 200 years. Each of the four flavors are stunning in purity and intensity - the Yuzu Citrus and Asian Pear topping my list - and are simply a great chilled sipper on their own. These crisp, gently sparkling beverages are great for dinner or lunch and can span the cuisine pairings of almost anything from a simple salad to Mexican, Thai, South American, and (of course) Japanese.
Saké2Me is also useful for quick recreations of mixed drinks commonly topped with soda water. If you use the Ginger-Mango to replace the club soda of a Tom Collins, Yuzu Citrus in a Bocce Ball, top a Paloma with the Asian Pear or the Green Tea in a Gin Fizz, you will have a brand new drink that will amaze you with its flavor and simplicity. Saké2Me is fun in a bottle, surrounded by great taste.