The Bottom Line
- Beautiful displays of rich, pure agave.
- Pricey, a luxury or special occasion tequila.
- Three types of 100% Blue Weber agave tequila available: silver, reposado and añejo.
- Released in October of 2006.
- Distilled at Los Alambiques distillery in Altos de Jalisco, Mexico.
- Trago International Inc. is owned by Felipe Camarena, the son of famous tequila producer Don Felipe.
- Retails for between $50-70 for 750ml bottle.
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
Guide Review - Trago Tequila
A clear, crisp tequila with an aroma filled with pepper, mint and citrus. It has a true agave flavor touched with grassy notes and a slight spice. The finish is clean, slightly tart and has a snap. Trago Silver is the perfect high-end mixer for any of your favorite tequila cocktails and makes a fantastic Margarita.
Aged 4 months in American oak barrels, Trago Reposado tequila is gently rested, parting a smooth sweetness to the agave base found in the Silver. The light gold-colored spirit is well-rounded with hints of brown sugar and caramel and has an enduring finish. This tequila is superb in cocktails that are light on mixers and really shines on the rocks.
Trago Añejo is the epitome of a well-designed tequila. It is aged for 18 months in used bourbon barrels, giving it a rich amber hue and a silky, sweet palate marked with vanilla, maple and almond, a deception given the smoky pepper in the nose. The long, complex finish is one to be savored, which is easy to do when enjoying it neat in a snifter.