The Bottom Line
- Sweet fruit blend infused in premium vodka makes a great mixer.
- Adds thick pink color to cocktails, great for romantic or ladies only occasions.
- Very sweet alone and needs to be cut with another spirit or mixer.
- Imported from France
- Premium vodka distilled from French wheat and roseberry grain grown on Reunion Island of Madagascar.
- The vodka base is infused with Provence blood oranges, mangoes and passion fruits.
- Launched in the U.S. Market in February 2006.
- â€œBest New Spiritâ€ in the U.S. for 2006 by Market Watch.
- $29.99 for 750mL bottle.
Guide Review - X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
As with many liqueurs, X-Rated Fusion cannot stand on it's own and even when served on the rocks, as is one of the serving suggestions, it leaves something to be desired. Without mixing with other spirits X-Rated is too thick to be remotely refreshing and is overly sweet. That said, it is a spectacular mixer. I really enjoyed it in a Pom-X Martini with equal parts of the liqueur and pomegranate vodka (Van Gogh and Charbay are two excellent POM vodkas). It also pairs wonderfully with Champagne in a Tickled Pink cocktail. There are many other great drink possibilities for X-Rated Fusion however I would advise staying away from mixing it with any spirit that is also thickly sweet like a schnapps.
A sweet aroma of mango, berry and melon is almost overbearing yet seductively appealing; reminiscent of a field of new apple blossoms after a light rain. The thick liqueur has a strong mango palate with a sweet citrus bite and a long-lasting, delectable aftertaste.
Enjoy X-Rated Fusion: