As a garlic farmer and amateur herbologist, I enjoy finding ways to marry some of my favorite herbs with my favorite allium. This recipe for infusing vodka
with garlic and basil is very easy and a great way to spice up your average vodka. I really like this on the rocks or in a Bloody Mary
. Substituting sake
for the vodka also makes an interesting end product, serve it warm as you would plain sake.
Prep Time: 48 hours, 30 minutes
Total Time: 48 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: 1 Bottle
- 1 medium sized bulb of garlic
- 2 large sprigs of basil
- 750ml bottle of premium vodka
- Infusion jar with tight-sealing lid
More infusion information.
- Separate the garlic into cloves and remove the skins.
- Rinse the basil to remove any unwanted chemicals. There is no need to chop or remove the stems.
- Place the garlic and basil into a clean quart-sized mason jar.
- Fill the jar with vodka.
- Secure the lid on the jar and shake well.
- Store the infusion in a dark place at room temperature for 2 days.
- Strain the vodka through a coffee filter into a separate container.
- Store as you would any other vodka.