I have to say that the name of this cocktail is a bit deceiving because it is not one of those that has a significant amount of pumpkin flavoring in it, but I think that is why I like this one. The pumpkin in the Pumpkin Patch comes from a pumpkin spice seasoning, not an actual pumpkin ingredient, and a few dashes is all that is needed to make this a great, lightly spicy drink with the essence of a pumpkin pie.
The rest of the drink is quite impressive as well and when it all comes together you have a tantalizing, sweet and sultry cocktail. It all begins with a great silver tequila and the best apple cider you can get your hands on. The honey and sugar give this a great sweetness, and the egg white does what only an egg white can, adding that rich, silky texture to the drink that is such a pleasure. There is so much going on here, but nothing gets lost and it may be a new favorite of the season.
For the 2012 Halloween season, you can find this drink (and those recommended below the recipe) at these New York City bars: Stone Rose Lounge, Lilium, Whiskey Blue, Whiskey Park, Living Room. More info about all of the venues at GerberBars.com
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Avion Silver Tequila
- 1 3/4 ounces 100% apple cider
- 1 medium egg white
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3 dashes pumpkin spice seasoning (easy recipe)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- Pumpkin spice seasoning for garnish
- In a shaker glass add light brown sugar, honey, pumpkin spice seasoning, fresh lime juice, and egg white.
- Shake vigorously until well dissolved.
- Add apple cider and Avion Silver Tequila.
- Strain into a snifter glass or other large bowled glass.
- Garnish with pumpkin spice seasoning by sprinkling it on top.