However, when it comes to any drink that uses peppers I do caution you to not attempt on of those "how hot can I make this" challenges because drinking overly spicy things is different than eating them.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio Reposado
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, muddled
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier orange liqueur
- Splash of orange bitters
- Splash of agave nectar
- Jalapeno pepper for garnish
- In a Boston shaker, muddle jalapeno.
- Add in Don Julio Reposado, lime juice, Grand Marnier and agave syrup to the Boston shaker with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice or in a cocktail glass with no ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeno.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.