Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 shots of chilled Agua de Jamaica (*recipe below)
- 1 shot Tequila Tezón Blanco
- Shot of simple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled margarita glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
*Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus):
- 2 cups (2 oz) jamaica flowers
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (more if desired)
- 6 cups water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the flowers and sugar and stir continuously while the mixture boils for one minute.
- Pour into a noncorrosive bowl and steep for 2 hours. *Note- this flower will stain so do not use a bowl that will stain.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve, pressing on the flower solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Taste for strength and sweetness. If it is too potent, add water. If it is too tart, add sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate until time to serve.
Recipe Courtesy: Tequila Tezon