There is a touch of simplicity and creativity in the Mezcal Passion cocktail that you have to love. Mezcal is not one of my favorite styles of spirit, but Sombra is one of the better I have had and this one of the best mezcal cocktails I've tasted.
The passion fruit and cucumber mellow the liquor's distinct taste, and the nectar sweetens it all up. To add to all of that, a good, spicy ginger beer is added, and you have to love any cocktail that includes that.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz Sombra Mezcal
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 3/ oz passion fruit puree
- 3 muddled cucumber slices
- 1 barspoon of agave nectar
- 1 oz House Ginger Beer
- Cucumber slice and pinch of ground chili for garnish
- Muddle the lime, agave nectar and cucumber slices in a mixing glass.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and ice.
- Shake and strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and a pinch of ground chili.
Recipe Courtesy: Sombra Mezcal
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.