Given that it is blended, many people choose to go with frozen strawberries. While they do make a fine drink and are convenient when strawberries are out of season, a far superior cocktail can be found by starting with fresh berries. Plus, when you go with fresh you have leftovers for a quick and beautiful garnish.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup ice
- Fresh strawberry for garnish
- Pour the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the contents into a chilled margarita glass.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.