If you want to skip the homemade rhubarb soda, Katz suggests that the bottled rhubarb or fruit sodas (ie. Izzie's) available will make a sufficient substitute.
- 2 oz XUXU Strawberry Liqueur
- 1 oz Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- fanned strawberry for garnish
- For Rhubarb Soda
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb stalks
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- club soda
- Shake the liquors, lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top with a splash of house-made rhubarb soda (recipe below).
- Garnish with a fanned strawberry.
- To make rhubarb syrup, combine 6 cups chopped rhubarb stalks with 1 ½ cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate (for up to one week). Makes 20 oz.
- Combine equal parts rhubarb syrup with chilled club soda for Rhubarb Soda.