If you want to skip the homemade rhubarb soda, Katz suggests that the bottled rhubarb or fruit sodas (ie. Izzie's) available will make a sufficient substitute.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 ounces XUXU Strawberry Liqueur
- 1 ounce Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Fanned strawberry for garnish
- For Rhubarb Soda
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb stalks
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- club soda
- Shake the liquors, lime juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top with a splash of house-made rhubarb soda (recipe below).
- Garnish with a fanned strawberry.
- To make rhubarb syrup, combine 6 cups chopped rhubarb stalks with 1 ½ cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the syrup and refrigerate (for up to one week). Makes 20 oz.
- Combine equal parts rhubarb syrup with chilled club soda for Rhubarb Soda.
Recipe Courtesy: Allen Katz for XUXU Liqueur
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.