The Volcanix is one of the best looking cocktails I've seen in a long time. This creative cocktail is the creation of Derwayne Chesterman in San Diego, California. This is one of the few drinks that I'll recommend a pina colada mix because it adds to the visual appeal of this frozen cocktail. Enjoy this one as a summer cocktail to impress a group of friends.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 scoop of ice
- 1 oz white rum
- 3 oz Pina Colada Mix
- 1 wedge of pineapple (no skin) or 1 oz of pineapple juice
- 2 oz X-Rated Fusion Liqueur
- Blend the ice, rum, pina colada mix and pineapple in a blender.
- In a frozen hurricane glass, pour a dash of blended ingredients into the bottom of the glass and then add an ounce of X-Rated Fusion.
- Pour more of the blended cocktail to halfway up the glass and add: 1oz X Rated Fusion.
- Top off the glass with the rest of the blended cocktail.
- The effect should be a swirl of pink throughout the glass.