The Bottom Line
- Smooth over-proof tequila.
- Great in almost any tequila cocktail, especially those with heavy mixers.
- Sweetness overpowers the high proof for a drinkable experience.
- At 100 proof, 1 or 2 drinks too many is REALLY 1 or 2 drinks too many.
- Too high in alcohol content for a round of tequila shots in my opinion.
- 100% blue agave, double-distilled silver tequila
- Produced by 1800 Tequila
- 50% alc/volume (100 proof)
- Released April, 2008
- Retails for around $35/750ml bottle
Guide Review - 1800 Select Silver Tequila 100 Proof
The aroma has a tangy, intoxicating sweetness with the slightest hint of agave. A velvety entry leads to a warm palate of citrus and a sweet bouquet that find a unique balance. The heady finish reminds you of the tequila's strength while a spark of warm, sweet agave releases to an ever-lasting sweet and sour.
Enjoy 1800 Select Silver:
This tequila makes an excellent Margarita in any of its many varieties and I really like it in mixer-heavy and tall drinks. I have to recommend a Paloma, Cantarito, Dirty Bird and the like. If you're in the mood for short drinks try the Passion Cocktail, Mexi-tini or The Rhube.