The Bottom Line
- Superiorly smooth tequila.
- The taste of aging and the clean look of a silver tequia.
- Fantastic sipping tequila worthy of utter enjoyment.
- Truly a luxury vodka that is worth every cent.
- Limited availability.
- Tequila blended with Reposado (aged 15 months), Anejo (aged 24 months) and Extra-Anejo (aged 36 months).
- Produced in Jalisco, Mexico
- 100% agave tequila
- Imported & Distributed by Proximo Spirits
- Released August, 2008
- Retails for $74.99/750mL bottle
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
- Initial release: available in Los Angeles, Chicago, Milwaukee and Atlanta establishments and online.
Guide Review - Maestro Dobel Diamond Tequila
The "clarity" of the tequila is due to a special filtering system which rids the spirit of both its congeners and the color typical of aged tequilas. "Complexity" refers to the three traditionally aged tequilas in the blend and "crispness" to the quality which is attributed to the hand-selected agave plants grown in Jalisco's lowlands. "Craftsmanship" is a salute to the Tequila Maestros who are behind each small batch of the tequila being produced.
Maestro Dobel is nothing less than spectacular and is perfect for sipping straight, chilling, on the rocks or in very clean tequila cocktails like the Tequini or Margarita (not the myriad of frozen, overly fruity ones, but the original). The Crafty Maestro and Dobel Spicy Chill are two of the great original cocktails for this tequila and are also worth trying.
The aroma holds subtle, baked agave with the slightest sweetness mixed with earthy aspects. The palate is full bodied and super smooth with complex and bold oak and vanilla and butterscotch notes with a little herbal spice balanced by agave sweetness. It finishes quick with sweet honey and a little more of a spicy snap.