The Bottom Line
- Ultra-smooth silver tequila that is ideal for mixing.
- Fruity tequila cocktails love this tequila.
- Numbered collectors bottles are handmade.
- Not one of the cheapest tequilas.
- 100% blue weber agave tequila distilled in Atotonilco in the highlands of Jalisco, Mexico
- Produced by The Patrón Spirits Company
- Retails for around $43/750ml bottles
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
Guide Review - Patrón Silver Tequila
The mixability of Patron Silver is where my fascination truly lies. Sure, it's great to sip, but it's even better in a balanced mixed drink with fresh fruits. It's not limited to just a few fruit flavors, either, I've tried it with everything from orange to blackberry, and grapefruit to cranberry. This is a tequila that loves fruit and its waves of sweetened agave come through the back of the fruit in such a delightful way that is hard to resist. Good examples include a set of fruit highballs, the Patron Grapefruit, Patron Pineapple and Patron Pomegranate. Then there are slightly more complex drinks like the Red Carpet and Gold Cosmopolitan. It is in these relatively simplistic tequila cocktails, full of fruit flavor that Patron Silver truly shines.
An earthy "sunshine" feeling touches the nose with a sweet and soft agave kiss that is tantalizing. The palate is ultra smooth and sultry, transforming into a warm caramel with soft butter and a light spice. It finishes with a stronger spice and a long, warm sweetness.