The Bottom Line
- Sweet, floral tequila that is captivating.
- Excellent cocktail mixer or tequila sipper - don't shoot this one, please!
- It needs to be available everywhere.
- Gran Centenario Reposado Tequila aged further in used port barrels and naturally infused with hibiscus flowers.
- Produced from 10-12 year-old,100% Highland blue agave.
- Distributed by Proximo Spirits
- Retails for around $37/750 ml bottle
- 40% alc/volume (80 proof)
Guide Review - Rosangel Tequila from Gran Centenario
Rosangel is a fantastic, invigorating and lively tequila and is a delight for the tastebuds. While it does have the aged agave back, the floral aspect is at the forefront, making it almost impossible to put down. The fascination with the first glass of Rosangel is lasting and it is difficult to go beyond a straight sipper, but one must because as invigorating as it is to the taste buds, so too can enhance the cocktail experience.
For cocktails, the Rosangel Margarita is one everyone should experience because the agave nectar and ginger ale are fabulous accents for the tequila. Likewise, Rosangel paired with the port, pomegranate and egg of Julie Reiner’s (owner of Flatiron Lounge in NYC) The Rosangel Ruby Fizz. Rosangel should also be explored as the base for favorite cocktails, including the Tequila Sunrise (which the fragrance resembles), Tequini or even a Cosmopolitan. The drink repertoire possible with Rosangel seems infinite, but only time will tell. One thing is certain and that is that Rosangel should be everywhere.
Rosangel's fragrance is captivating, a sweetly floral wave with very slight agave hiding underneath and is reminiscent of the aroma of a Tequila Sunrise. The palate is silky with delightful hibiscus taking the forefront and notes of sweet grasses and sweet agave. It finishes with a long punch of hibiscus and a delightful, lasting floral feel.
More Rosangel Cocktails: