H. Joseph Ehrmann of Elixir Saloon in San Fransisco created this refreshing interpretation of a favorite drink, the Pimm's Cup. In the Celery Cup No. 1, he uses Square One Cucumber Vodka and Pimm's paired with cilantro, celery, and English cucumber. The result is a tantalizing spring concoction with all the freshness you could want.
In keeping with Square One's organic roots, I suggest choosing organic vegetables and herbs for the ultimate "green" cocktail.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Square One Cucumber Organic Vodka
- 2" celery stalk (closer to the heart for sweetness)
- Palm-full cilantro (1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce Pimm’s
- 1" fresh English cucumber
- In a mixing glass, muddle the cucumber, celery, cilantro and lemon juice into a pulp.
- Add the Pimm’s, agave nectar and vodka.
- Cover in ice and shake hard for 10 seconds.
- Hawthorne strain into a tall glass over fresh ice and garnish with a center piece of celery.
Recipe Courtesy: H. Joseph Ehrmann
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.