The Cucumber-Tea-Ni is the winning cocktail from the February 2013 Green Cocktail Contest. Created by Mixologist Jason Walsh in New York City, this cocktail is a refreshing drink of that pairs a sencha green tea syrup with Chartreuse and cucumber.
The recipe for the syrup is below and is very easy to mix up and I think you will find it useful in other cocktails as well. The vodka recommended here is Tito's, a vodka produced in Texas. It is distilled from corn, making it a very interesting addition to this cocktail that will be ideal anytime and for any occasion.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounce Tito's Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce Sencha Green Tea Syrup* (recipe below)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch thick English cucumber
- Cucumber slice and mint sprig for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle one slice of cucumber.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Add 6 ice cubes, shake, then strain into a 7 oz coupe glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and sprig of mint.
*Sench Green Tea Syrup:
- 1/4 cup Sencha Green Tea Leaves
- 3 1/2 ounce sugar
- 7 ounce hot boiling water
- Combine Sencha leaves in pot with hot water that is around 180 degrees.
- Let over brew to bring bitterness out (around 7 minutes).
- Strain with a fine strainer and discard used Sencha tea leaves.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate in glass jar.