The Cucumber-Tea-Ni is the winning cocktail from the February 2013 Green Cocktail Contest. Created by Mixologist Jason Walsh in New York City, this cocktail is a refreshing drink of that pairs a sencha green tea syrup with Chartreuse and cucumber.
The recipe for the syrup is below and is very easy to mix up and I think you will find it useful in other cocktails as well. The vodka recommended here is Tito's, a vodka produced in Texas. It is distilled from corn, making it a very interesting addition to this cocktail that will be ideal anytime and for any occasion.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounce Tito's Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce Sencha Green Tea Syrup* (recipe below)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 inch thick English cucumber
- Cucumber slice and mint sprig for garnish
- In a mixing glass, muddle one slice of cucumber.
- Add the other ingredients.
- Add 6 ice cubes, shake, then strain into a 7 oz coupe glass.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and sprig of mint.
*Sench Green Tea Syrup:
- 1/4 cup Sencha Green Tea Leaves
- 3 1/2 ounce sugar
- 7 ounce hot boiling water
- Combine Sencha leaves in pot with hot water that is around 180 degrees.
- Let over brew to bring bitterness out (around 7 minutes).
- Strain with a fine strainer and discard used Sencha tea leaves.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate in glass jar.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.