The Ghost-tini is one of a number of specialty Halloween cocktails served at the Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg, Florida during the 2012 season. The other drinks I have seen from their menu mimic this in that they are creamy, candy-like creations and all were tempting to share, but this one took the cake.
The drink begins like many dessert-worthy cocktails with a luscious Irish cream, in this case Bailey's with caramel, and a vanilla vodka, though it is the pumpkin liqueur addition that caught my attention. It is that ingredient that transformed this drink into a pumpkin pie in a glass and the cookie rim and candy garnish are a bonus that turns this into an adult treat with a hint of childhood.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream with a hint of Caramel
- 3 ounces Absolut Vanilla Vodka
- 2 ounces pumpkin spice liqueur
- Crushed Oreo cookies for rimming
- Gummy worms for garnish
- Dry ice for garnish (optional)
- Rim a chilled cocktail glass with crushed cookies.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into the prepared glass and add dry ice if desired.
- Garnish with a few gummy worms.
Would you like to receive cocktail tips and recipes every week? Sign up for the free cocktail newsletter and recipe of the week here and get the latest edition sent directly to your email.