A great cocktail tells a story. It may not be the same tale for everyone, but there are certain drinks that inspire a feeling, a memory, a moment in time for the drinker and this is one of them. Elijah Venanzi's cocktail recipe stole the show in the May 2012 Vodka Cocktail Contest and took top honors. It is a well-balanced, fruity, herbal mix that is simply a delight to sip and can easily transport you to a memorable garden oasis as Venanzi describes in his original recipe.
If you are not a fan of herbal cocktails or are mixing for someone of this sort, this may be a good choice to win them over. The berries are an ideal complement to lavender and elderflower and the three flavors are proportioned in a nearly divine manner that is too good to ignore.
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 2 raspberries
- 2 ounces lavender-infused Grey Goose Vodka
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Lemon peel for garnish
Lavender infusion: Use two sprigs of lavender, allowing to infuse for 6 days, then double strain to remove all of the herb.
- Muddle the raspberries in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the spirits and lemon juice.
- Shake well.
- Double strain into a chilled, lavender-rubbed cocktail glass.
- Express the lemon peel by squeezing it over the drink to release the oils, wipe the glass rim with the peel, then drop it into the glass.
Recipe Courtesy: Elijah Venanzi